The Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy (ISERP) is closed in accordance with the University’s COVID-19 policy.  Please click here for additional information and guidance for students, affiliates, and employees.


Undergraduate Students:

Full-time undergraduate students with a valid work authorization can be hired as Casual Students to work on research and/or administrative tasks.

Graduate Students:

Full-time graduate students with a valid work authorization can be hired as Department Research Assistant to work on research projects, or as a Casual Student to exclusively work on administrative duties.

Students must have an appointment before they can start working. In addition, all Columbia employees must have a valid U.S. work authorization and a Social Security Number (SSN). International students who do not have a SSN, can request a Social Security Verification Form from ISERP to apply for a number with the Social Security Administration.


Don't want to miss our interesting news and updates! Make sure to join our newsletter list.

* indicates required

Contact us

For general questions about ISERP programs, services, and events.