Call for Seed Grant Awards
for FY2018 Funding
Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy
in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences
The Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy announces a one-year research Seed Grant Award opportunity of up to $15,000. The main goal of this project is to offer social science researchers the opportunity to undertake major research programs that may require initial results or proof of concept to attract external funding. The ISERP seed grant program places a priority on high-risk, high-return research, including work that develops new theories, identifies new areas of methodological innovation, or that bridges different substantive domains. Projects may be domestic, international, or comparative.
These awards should have the potential to lead to additional federal, foundation or private funding. Recipients of the award are required to submit future grants through ISERP. Up to four awards will be funded. Awardees will be asked to present a talk on their project.
Applicants must be full-time faculty members. We especially encourage early career faculty to apply. Priority will be given to junior faculty.
Applicants should submit:
- A 5-page research proposal that details the specific aims, background to the study, preliminary data (if any), research plan, innovation/significance and future plans
- Line item budget
- Budget narrative explaining how line items in the budget relate to the early work you need to convert your ideas into a fundable project
- Plan for seeking outside funding
- CV’s or NSF Style Biosketch for each investigator
- Proposals should be submitted electronically as a single PDF document to ISERP
Proposals will be funded on the basis of:
- The intellectual merit and innovation of the proposed project
- The seed grant’s relationship to the proposed major project
- The Project’s organization and judicious use of funds
- The plausibility of the investigator’s plan for seeing outside funding
Duration: One (1) Year
Award Amount: Up to $15,000
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Start Date: July 1, 2017